…if I make it for 12 more days I will have been clean for half a year.
What my thoughts should be:
- Awesome that I’ve made it this long!
- Nice that the scars are slowly fading.
- Good to see that it’s possible without self-harm.
- I daresay I’ll make it for another six months.
- My therapist will be happy.
- This is a success.
What my thoughts are:
- Each day that passes will make the next relapse even worse!
- If only the scars wouldn’t fade this quickly it would be a little easier.
- Even though the skills are working fine nothing will ever be like self-harm.
- I don’t even daresay I’ll get through another single day.
- What if my therapist thinks I’m not “ill enough” to need her help now?
- This is not what success feels like.
To everyone here who has some problematic behaviour and a risk of relapse: How do you handle such “jubilee dates”? Do you celebrate, treat youselves? Do you try (just like me) to ignore them if it’s possible? Are you even interested in them? I’m really curious about your opinions…